Saturday 18 February 2012

Visit to the Consulate

I thought I should probably get round to posting something else so that this blog isn't just sitting here with one post for the next week. My excitement for my upcoming trip got a major boost last week when I went to visit the Argentinian Consulate to get my visa sorted out. The few people that I dealt with there (including the consulate) where some of the most friendly, good humoured and infectiously enthusiastic people I have ever met!

From a warm smile, a wave and a cheerful "Hola!" from a man passing through, to the joy of the consulate at the simple fact that I had chosen Argentina as my destination for exchange, I can hardly think of a more positive atmosphere. I struggled to wipe the giant smile from my face!

They were very insistent that the province that I will be calling home (Neuquén (which happens to be a palindrome if you ignore the accentuation (thank you Wikipedia))) is one of the most beautiful in their country and that I will thoroughly enjoy my time there. Struggling to find words to describe it, the woman that was present said that the positive and natural energy that Junín de los Andes radiates is nearly unsurpassable. If it is anything like what I felt in my few hours at the consulate, I'm in for an amazing five months.


Also, if I'm lucky, the average height of Argentinians will remain consistent with that of the few Argentinian people that I met. For the first time ever I was the tallest person in the room!


All in all, I am heading into this week with very high hopes for my coming travels!

1 comment: